A little while ago I talked about the package I received from the Simple and Sweet Scrappy Swap, but I never really did get around to talking about what I sent out. And that’s because I super-stalked my partner so that I could tailor the package to her tastes as much as possible, but that meant that revealing any sort of information would really give everything away before it ever arrived. So for the swap, we were mailing out a hand-made pouch, 50 charm squares, and a notion of some kind.
I ended up unrolling the charms to mail, but the roll is 51 charm squares (I sent one extra that I think is linen maybe), the pink fabric is a 5 or 6″ by WOF strip of Heather Ross’s camper vans fabric, which was just an extra because I knew my partner was looking for it, and then three rolls of washi tape (which are kind of acting as the notion – I don’t know if washi tape can really be called a notion, but we’ll go with that :D).
Unrolled, these are the fifty charms I sent out:
Nadine’s favourites included, with five(ish) of each…:
- text prints
- aquas (though I leaned pretty hard on the turquoise end of the spectrum)
- a row of the five main fabrics in the pouch I sent out
- oranges (please note all the sneaky additions of turquoise there too!)
- polka dot fabrics (I kind of went rainbowish there) (duplicated in the top of the second photo…)
- chartreuse fabric, though I wound up mostly with lime – that’s what happens when you choose fabric at night, I guess, your colours aren’t quite what you were expecting
- Tula Pink fabrics (I tried to aim mostly for older fabrics, but couldn’t bring myself to cut into my Neptune prints, which had been my intention to send :D)
- Mendocino mermaids and swimming sisters, in aqua, brown, and gold
- assorted Heather Ross, aiming mostly in the aqua and orange realm
The fifty-first charm, the linen one, is shown above.
So then the pouch. Well, Ms Lobster Grrl is a fan of Union Jacks and is going to London in spring for her honeymoon, so I made her a Union Jack pouch using her favourites orange and aqua, with some grey text:
I really enjoyed putting this package together for Nadine and I’m so glad it seems to have hit the mark for her. It’s great to be able to put together something that you’re really certain will please someone.